TO: THE PRESIDENT OF SOMALIA
TO: THE SPEAKER OF PARLIAMENT OF SOMALIA
TO: AMISOM, SOMALIA
TO: IGAD STATES
TO: THE OFFICE OF SECRETARY GENERAL OF UNITED NATIONS
(SWN) Before we start celebrating the imminent fall of Kismayo to the allied forces, we need to look the cause of the conflict from the foundation and then start finding the solution. First of all the Jubbaland state consists of three regions in the name of Lower Jubba, Middle Jubba and Gedo. Gedo being predominantly settled by Sade community where by Absame is the majority of the other two.
Sade and Absame lived side by side in Gedo and Gowrar, Absame settling Bardere whereas Sade lived in Gowrar. Demacration line was set by the colonial power as a border between the two sides in order to minimise skirmishes. This line evidently goes through Bosar all the way to Elwaq. The government of Siyad Bare unified Bardere with the rest of Gowrar hence giving the name of Gedo. The parts of then Gedo settled by Sade Community is known to be rocky and is neither good for grazing livestock nor for agricultural use.
With the help of the government run by their son, the Sade community started advancing to Bardere District. Government soldiers helped them bush Absame out of Bardere. Many were lost in the hand of government forces, many of them were put to jail and this objective trend of killing, arrest and torture continued until the land owners were displaced and replaced with invader community.
After the collapse of Bare’s regime in 1991, Sade community took advantage of using partnership of Darod in the civil wars as a cover to even grab more land from Lower Jubba region. These time big numbers of nomads with their livestock were deliberately moved in to this region as well as urban settlers to eventually claim ownership just like the case of Bardere.
Add insult to the injury was when warlord Bare Aden Shire took control of Kismayo in a bloody offensive from forces loyal to General Morgan and ruled almost the next eight years. Shire gave way to new waves of his clansmen all over from Gedo and Galgadud to migrate to this land.
Cause of the problem:
• The over ambition of Sade Community to take over other people’s land
• The looseness of Absame and other communities by letting the land rightfully belongs to them nearly taken
Sollution: Plan A
• Jubbaland State Adminstration be established between Gedo, Middle Jubba and Lower Jubba
• Sade Community should stop countingg themselves as indigenous people of neither Lower Jubba nor middle Jubba
• Communities outside Jubbaland should stop meddling state affairs
• The Federal Government should be neutral and not take side with any group
• If the idea of three region sate didn’t work then two region states of Lower Jubba and Middle Jubba can be established as an alternative solution leaving Gedo without Bardere out
Jubbaland Intellectual Group
More News under this Heading